Teacher Tool Kit:
- - The Utah Newborn Safe Haven Teacher Tool Kit (PDF or PowerPoint) provides information for teachers about the Tool Kit and its contents.
- - The Safe Haven Student PowerPoint is provided for classroom use with students (PDF or PowerPoint).
- - The Student Pre and Post Test is provided to help determine student learning (PDF or Word).
- - The Safe Haven Student Videos are provided for classroom use (English, .wmv format or Spanish, .wmv format).
Emergency Child Care Resources:
- - Local Family Support Centers often provide crisis or emergency (temporary) child care or nurseries where families can drop off children 24/7 for child care, sometimes for up to 72 hours, so families can take a break, go to medical appointments, or for other reasons. Services vary so please contact your local Family Support Center for details. The Utah Association of Family Support Centers provides links to local Centers.
- - Local Child Care Resource and Referral agencies can help parents find child care assistance in emergency situations. Funding varies so please contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral agency for details.
Maternal Depression Resources:
- - The MotherToBaby Utah website has information, links, and videos about maternal depression symptoms, treatments, and resources.
- - The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has information about Women and Depression.
- - If you are feeling down or depressed, please contact your medical provider, mental health provider, community mental health center, a Utah crisis hotline (including the University Neuropsychiatric Institute Crisis Line), the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, or other resources for help.
- - Thank you to all the news outlets across the country that promoted the Utah Newborn Safe Haven Law and Project after the April 2014 tragedy in Pleasant Grove, Utah. We appreciate your support in preventing harm to newborns. (Listed alphabetically by news outlet/organization.)
- - Questions surrounding case of Utah mom accused of killing babies, CBS News
- - In our opinion: Enhancing safe haven support a proper response to Pleasant Grove tragedy, Deseret News
- - 'Safe Haven' available for unwanted infants, Fox 13 Now, KSTU
- - Eagle Mountain family 'grateful' for Safe Haven law, KSL.com
- - Read about the case that inspired the Utah Newborn Safe Haven Law at KSL.com
- - Infant deaths draw attention to safe haven law, Provo Daily Herald
- - Police: Utah mother admits killing 6 newborns, Salt Lake Tribune
- - Serial murders of secret infants, as alleged in Utah, 'very rare', Salt Lake Tribune
- - Una ley estatal en Utah permite a los padres biológicos renunciar en forma anónima la custodia de su hijo, Univision 32
- - Utah County Discovery a Reminder: There is Help and Hope for Endangered Newborns, Utah Department of Health
- - Did we miss your news outlet's story of the Utah Newborn Safe Haven Law? Send us a message by email, Twitter, or Facebook.